Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Honey, Where's Our Elephant?

Pantry Scavenger Hunt

"Where's the Mac-n-Cheese?" I ask.

"In the pantry," she replies.

"What shelf? I don't see it!"

"Second shelf, right up front," she calls out from the next room.

I give up after searching for a couple of minutes. Damn thing is larger than a shoe box. If it's in there, I can't find it. We must be out. "We must be out. I can't find it."

"I just bought some. It's in there."

Her tone is changing. I'll defuse it. "Don't worry about it. I'll make something else." That should be fine. No need to get up. Pappa's in the kitchen and he's got it all under control.

I was in the process of starting up something else when there's a thud on the counter. I turn around and there's my wife, wide-eyed, silent and staring at me. There's a large box of Mac-n-Cheese on the counter.

"Uh, where'd you find it?" I ask.

"Right up front, where I said it was," and she leaves.

How is she so good at hiding things?

No comments: