Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's GO Time!

I want to wrestle too!

I've been on this exercise kick ever since my doctor told me I have a "fatty liver." Apparently, when I die, my wife can make a nice liver pate and serve it at my funeral. "Mmmm... Who knew Bill was such a good man?"

I'm down 15-20 pounds by taking the stairs and working out as much as 5 times a week. I strongly recommend the Muscle & Strength web site (LINK HERE). I've been using free weights, 3 days a week, since July. Which brings me to Sunday afternoon.

I'm sitting on the sofa watching nothing in particular on TV and listening to the rain fall. My wife comes over and sits on my lap and snuggles up. After a minute or two of this, I decide to see if the weight training has been working, so I pick her up in my arms, carry her to the bedroom, and gently lay her down on the bed. This weight training thing is paying off! I snuggle into bed next to my wife...

AND MY SIX-YEAR-OLD JUMPS INTO THE BED!

"Whoo-hoo! I want to wrestle too!" she cries out.

"So does your father," my wife adds smiling.

The next thing I know the three of us are playing "Pin the Daddy" and I end up with my head hanging off the bed. Stupid One and Supid Two, my two standard poodles show up and Stupid One begins giving my face a tongue bath. My wife is shrieking with laughter and disgust at this development and my daughter is laughing with glee.

"Not the afternoon I was thinking of," I told my wife.

"The afternoon you were thinking of is the reason we have these kids," she reminds me.

Oh well. At least I have my health.

No comments: